I am currently enrolled in a business and public policy course for my MBA studies. I have a research project due in the middle of November, in which I am supposed to focus on The Food Crisis. “What food crisis?” you may ask. The instructor has left the assignment wide open, and we can choose any aspect of a current food crisis in the world.
The assignment is as follows:
- Research the full context of the problem
- Look at the historical situations which posed similar issues and policy challenges
- Identify all of the stakeholders and list their concerns, values, and desired solutions to the problem
- Conduct two personal interviews with stakeholders in the situation
- Write a policy paper, recommending a policy-making process for the federal government (or any other countries government) that incorporates the shared values of all stakeholders
I have a couple ideas for the paper, but I have not settled on any specific crisis. If you are reading this blog post and would like to give me an idea for this paper, or point me toward a stakeholder willing to be interviewed, feel free to leave a comment.